The land and footprint of the building survey included Bellevue Court and Priory Road and Main Street, Delgany.
The lands of just over 1 hectare included the full extent of the overall building and 0.7 hectares of surrounding road including Delgany Village, Priory Road and Bellevue Court and hotel.
Delgany is a small rural village located on the R762 road which connects to the N11 road at the Glen of the Downs. It is about 25km south of Dublin City Centre.
The local school is St. Laurence’s, which is located on Convent Road – see http://www.stlaurences.ie/.
There is a Church of Ireland parish church and the parish school Delgany National School. The area is surrounded by wooded hills (including Kindlestown Wood) and the Glen of the Downs.
The Wicklow Arms was originally built in 1858 as a coach house and then known as Newel’s Hotel from the 1880s, the Wicklow Arms is regarded as a historical landmark in the area and its original front section is a listed building. The Wicklow Arms main building in its present form comprises a main bar, restaurant and bar, cafe, two function rooms, large kitchen and off-licence, which is still trading successfully. In total the property comprises of approx 16,966 sq ft.
Renowned for its food and cosy pub atmosphere, the Wicklow Arms is famous for attracting a glittering clientele down through the decades, including Liz Taylor and Richard Burton when they stayed nearby during the filming of The Spy Who Came in From the Cold in 1963. Since then, the pub has attracted a host of music and movie starts – due to its location near to Ardmore Studios – such as Laurence Olivier, Katherine Hepburn and Peter O’Toole.